Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Super-Amazing, Yummy Carrots


When I saw the recipe for roasted cumin-lime carrots on Pinterest, I literally drooled. Adam and I always struggle with side dishes...especially ones that don't involve cheese or baked beans. Adam loves really sweet, cooked carrots, but I prefer mine raw or in a soup/stew. These were nothing like anything we would ever make, and everything I wanted in my mouth. Lime. Mint. Honey. Get in my belly!

We couldn't find the baby carrots with fresh green tops in our grocery store, so we went with regular carrots and cut the bigger parts in half.  I was a little hesitant about not peeling the carrots, but Google told me it was fine, just to wash them first - so that's what I did! 

Seriously - you must try these carrots now! The mixture of lime, honey, and mint with the carrots, along with the amazing blend of spices made for a side dish that I wanted to last forever. This recipe landed a comfortable spot on my Delicious things I've made Pinterest board.  (Did I mention that I obsess about recipes on Pinterest? No? More about that another time.)

- 1 pound baby carrots with fresh green tops (we used regular sized carrots, and cut them accordingly)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and fresh grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey (we used honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped



1 comment: