Thursday, March 29, 2012

Broccoli Twice in 1 week?!

So today I took Lucy to the doctor. It's pink eye. Conjunctivitis. YUCK! Luckily, we've been treating her with antibiotic ointment since Saturday, so she hasn't been contagious for the other kids at the sitter this week. We got some drops, and they seem much easier to give her than the ointment. Now...onto dinner!

I love broccoli. So much. I have since I was a little kid. Adam doesn't have such a love for broccoli, so imagine my surprise when tonight, he said "we can do broccoli instead of mashed potatoes." You don't have to tell me twice! I don't think it gets much better than broccoli steamed for about a minute and a half and then seasoned with salt and pepper. YUM.

Tonight we made Cuban Flank Steak . Adam grilled the flank steak over open coals for about seven minutes per side, after it was marinated for around four hours. We used Nelly and Joe's Key Lime Juice instead of fresh lime, because it's what we had on hand. Plus, it's the closest we've found to natural lime flavor - we almost always have this in the fridge.

It had a nice lime flavor, but not overwhelming. Delicious. I think this would be amazing in fajitas, though it's also great on its own, too.

We also made some green beans to go with the flank steak and broccoli. And by we, I mean I...and they were very over-salted. Adam ate them with a smile like the great husband that he is.

Marinade Ingredients:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile powder

No comments:

Post a Comment