Sunday, October 28, 2018

October 28-November 3, 2018


Last week recap:

The highlights this week are as follows:

I got home later than I expected on Monday. I usually make our pizza sauce and Adam grills the pizza. It was allll up to him to make the sauce, which was an unexpected surprise for him. He pulled it off though and it was delicious!

The kebabs on Tuesday were made two ways - one on skewers and one in a cast iron baking pan. I only had the skewered ones, but Adam had both and said the ones in the pan were superior. He loved that the sauce cooked with the meat and veggies and sort of caramelized them. We'll do it that was next time.

FAJITAS! So, so good. I work from home on Fridays and was so happy to have some delish leftover fajitas. We used a fresno pepper....we have a bunch of hot peppers that we just pulled up from our garden. We're going to attempt a hot sauce. Wish us luck!

Image result for ross fajitas gif


Chili. It was good. But just good. Adam will tell you it was delicious, but I have a couple of problems. We made chili and homemade cornbread.

Problem #1: My mom didn't make the chili.
Problem #2: My Grandma Mary didn't make the cornbread.

Other than that, it was a solid okay meal.

We switched it up and had the paninis on Friday, then steak and baked potatoes on Saturday. The paninis were not good. I couldn't find the sourdough bread I usually get for paninis, so I got some ciabatta bread, thinking it would be a fancy substitute. It was just too thick, even though we removed some of the inside of the bread. The steak and potato though...just perfect.

Up next:

October 28-November 3
Sunday: Leftovers
MondayShakshuka
Tuesday: Baked Ziti
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Salad
Thursday: Wings
Friday: Tailgate
Saturday: Concert

No comments:

Post a Comment