Monday, April 2, 2012

Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce and Too Many Noodles

Tonight we made Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce with pasta. Too much pasta.

The flavor of the shrimp was really great - it was sweet, yet spicy. The sesame oil, which has pretty strong flavor in general, was not overwhelming, which I find it can be in many dishes.

I don't have a ton to say about this tonight, because I think we just added too much pasta. We were trying to stretch it out so we both had leftovers tomorrow. Not only did we fail (only one of us has leftovers) the massive amount of noodles drowned the flavor of the shrimp.

We will totally make this again though. I think it'd be good with some veggies added in - maybe some bok choy...mmmm. Now I want bok choy. Happy Monday.

Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced

P.S. Now that I posted the ingredients, I also see that we didn't have enough shrimp. We only made it with about 12 oz. Next time we'll make this right. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment